Phil has over a decade consulting experience in the areas of transport, planning and economics. He is experienced in data analysis and a range of modelling, with specialised skills in programming and reproducible analysis with tools such as R, Python, SQL, Git(Hub), Docker, big data. A major career project was the National Policy Statement on Urban Development Capacity (NPS-UDC) which was one of only a few NPS to be delivered on time and on budget. Enjoy learning and being an effective communicator.
Phil is an Associate at Principal Economics. Phil was a spatial and economic analyst at Geographic Business Solution and at MRCagney.
- MRCagney. National Policy Statement on Urban Development.
- MRCagney. Urban Residential and Business Development Capacity in Whangarei.
- Network Destination Accessibility Index for Children
- Penelope Carroll, Karen Witten, Robin Kearns & Phil Donovan. Kids in the City: Children’s Use and Experiences of Urban Neighbourhoods in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Melody Olivera, Suzanne Mavoa, Hannah Badland, Karl Parker, Phil Donovan, Robin A Kearns, En-Yi Lin, Karen Witten. Associations between the neighbourhood built environment and out of school physical activity and active travel: An examination from the Kids in the City study.
- Melody Oliver, Karl Parker, Karen Witten, Suzanne Mavoa, Hannah M. Badland, Phil Donovan, Moushumi Chaudhury, and Robin Kearns. Children’s Out-of-School Independently Mobile Trips, Active Travel, and Physical Activity: A Cross-Sectional Examination from the Kids in the City Study.
- Hannah Badland, Phil Donovan, Suzanne Mavoa, Melody Oliver, Moushumi Chaudhury, Karen Witten. Assessing neighbourhood destination access for children: development of the NDAI-C audit tool.
- Hannah Badland, Robin Kearns, Penelope Carroll, Melody Oliver, Suzanne Mavoa, Phil Donovan, Karl Parker, Moushumi Chaudhury, En-Yi Lin & Karen Witten. Development of a systems model to visualise the complexity of children’s independent mobility.